Taglit- Birthright Israel provides a gift of first time, peer group; educational trips to Israel for Jewish young adults ages 18 to 26 from around the world.
It gives individuals the opportunity to make new friends and experience Israel in the most beautiful of ways. It’s also for people who are willing to step out of their comfort zone and try new things.
According to their website “The vision of Birthright Israel is to strengthen Jewish identity, Jewish communities and solidarity with Israel by providing a 10-day trip to Israel for young Jewish people.”
If you are Jewish and between the ages of 18 and 26, and you HAVEN’T taken advantage of this amazing and FREE opportunity, then this list is for you.
Here are the top 10 reasons why YOU should take advantage of this wonderful opportunity:
1. It’s the gift of a free trip! It’s your birthright.
2. You are young and you should travel while you can, and as much as you can. No excuses necessary. It is an educational and life changing trip that you cannot regret. Whether you are taking personal or vacation days off from work, or you are asking your college professors for permission to miss class, there is NO reason not to take advantage of a FREE TRIP!
3. The Soldiers. About half way through the trip, usually on day 5, you are joined by Israeli soldiers who are the same age range as you are. You get to meet these Israeli soldiers and travel along their side, learning all about them. You’ll find out they’re the kindest, smartest and most passionate people you will ever meet, and most likely become life long friends.
4. Happy People. Everyone just wants to be friends with everyone and have a great time together in Israel! You will make lifelong friends and memories and it is truly amazing. Birthright even offers to PAY FOR YOUR WEDDING if you meet the man or woman of your dreams while on one of their trips. Pretty cool, right?
5. The Food! Hummus. More hummus. Falafel. Fresh Israeli food. It is all so fresh and delicious.
6. The breathtaking beauty at the top of Mt. Masada. This is a hike that you will start in the middle of the night, in order to be at the top for the sunrise, and it is the most beautiful sunrise you may ever see.
7. Connections! The Jewish community is a small world in itself where we all know someone who knows someone else. And someone on your birthright trip is bound to be your college friend’s best friend from home, or your brothers girlfriends sister, or your moms old neighbor… Either way, you’ll know more people than you thought you would, and will leave with more friends than you thought was possible.
8. Shabbat in Israel. It makes you feel so close to everyone and gives you such an appreciation for your religion that you even daydream of following the tradition of Shabbat on a regular basis.
9. The Dead Sea. From the exciting experience of floating in a body of water, to the indescribable smoothness your skin exudes after covering yourself it its’ rich mineral filled mud, the Dead Sea is one of the coolest parts of the whole trip!
10. Your tour guide. He or she really does love you. And even more, they really LOVE Israel. They overflow with love and passion and knowledge for their country. They are there with you to show you around, and to make sure that you will have a fabulous trip. They are also some of the best people in the world.
So what are you waiting for?! Sign up for the next Birthright Trip here!